Sunday, January 24, 2010

Communication and effective team communication

Why are good communication and effective team communication so important to me?
First of all, I am not living, and cannot live by myself alone in the world. Everyday, each people has to communicate with others in order to send messages, to talk, to share feelings and so on. In a day, people spent at least seventy percent of our time to communicate with people. Really, communication is an very important aspect of human being life. It is very difficult to imagine a world without any communication.
Secondly, good communication is the main part of every organization. Even dumb, hearing imparied people learn some ways to communicate. In fact, communication helps someone to receive and understand what others is conveying. It also means that people can express themselves through communication, and therefore, I believe that communication is greatly important in our lives, as one engineer has said “The secret of all success projects is communication!”
About team communication, I think first let’s focus on why team is important to us. As I have said, anyone cannot live by him/herself alone in this world. People need people to exist, and to live. Being a team, not just a group, everyone have chances to complete any work, projects or missions more successfully and timely. The collective result is usually greater than sum of the individual ones, this points out why work as teams become more and more important and popular in our modern society.
However, it is not easy to make a team work well. As mentioned before, “the secret of all success projects is communication”, somehow anology, effective team communication plays the main role of a team’s success. Like a machine, when parts of it do not combine well together, the machine cannot work well. This is why today almost every company, when hiring employer, often require “good teamwork”!

5 comments:

Geetika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geetika said...

You have analysed communication and teamwork as a way of interaction in a wide sphere and have well stated their importance in our lives. I appreciate this. You have hinted at the distinction between a team and a group which I feel is good to bring out the usefulness of teamwork. Also the analysis of teamwork in a modern society is clearly stated in your write-up. You have appropriately quoted the words of an engineer which is commendable. I like your comparison of a team with a machine. Your ideas come across clearly. They can be made more concise at some places. All the points are well stated but some are repeated. Neglecting all the repetitions, I feel your post is a fairly good read.

Michael Loh said...

I find that you have organized and elaborated your points well. Not only that, you managed to give statistics and quotes which I like. I find the example of hearing impaired people rather good. It was an excellent way of showing that communication is not just about listening but also about your body language. You also explained the advantages of teamwork clearly. Besides that, maybe you could further expand on the difficulties faced on making a team effective. Your entry was clear in the beginning but it tends to get a little unclear at the end. I also find that the last paragraph had a few repeated points, but other than that it was okay.

kairen88 said...

While I liked the way the points were organized, I think that the analogies may have been overused. While they help to ground abstract concepts, overusing them makes it hard to identify the main point or concept. While there was good analysis, citing examples from your life would make it more personal as well as interesting to read rather than making general comments on the subject. Lastly i think the example involving the hearing impaired could be reworded eg. Even those with difficulty communicating such as the hearing impaired have different means of communication.

Le Minh Duc said...

You have succeeded in interpreting the concept of effective communication and teamwork. As you said, in such a increasingly globalized world, the more people are connected through communication, the happier they are. You also connect very well the importance of communication to teamwork.

However, I agree with Kairen that despite your well organized of the points, some analogies are overused, thus making some parts confusing.

Post a Comment